- ORBITAL SANDER PACKAGE INCLUDES: The 1250DEVS unit includes one (1) dust tube, one (1) RS6045 6" inch soft backing pad, one (1) ambidextrous auxiliary handle, one (1) sanding disc, one (1) pad wrench, 5mm (stored on tool), and one (1) dampening ring. Perfect for normal removal, most sanding jobs, wood floors, furniture finishing, polishing applications, and contractors.
- PASSIVE DUST COLLECTION SYSTEM: Internal testing determined that the random orbital sander dust collection system captured an impressive 96 percent of material removed. These soft pads deliver finer, smoother, flatter surface finishes, due to their ability to conform to the surface of the workpiece and due to the elastic support of the pads' plastic inlays.
- RANDOM ORBIT AND AGGRESSIVE TURBO SPEED: Corded, Electric Orbital Sander and Polisher with 6.5 Amp, 6" Inch Disc. It features two (2) sanding modes: random orbit and aggressive turbo. Perfect for woodworking, polishing, carpentry, fine woodworking, fine finishing, carpentry, inlay work, furniture building, wood working crafts. Our woodworking tools and powerful 6.5 amp variable speed motor (no-load speed: 270-600 RPM, no-load orbit speed: 3,100 - 6,500 OPM) provide power, flexibility for jobs.
- CONSTANT RESPONSE CIRCUITRY POLISHING PADS: This 1250DEVS model has constant response circuitry that maintains the pad speed under heavy loads while simultaneously protecting against overloads. The integral pad dampening system helps prevent swirl marks -- plus a passive dust collection system (vacuum and hoses required). We use 6-hole, 6-inch hook-and-loop discs. Combine speed, comfort with PowerGrip, contoured head, compact 7.7" Inch-diameter circumference barrel, and auxiliary handle.
- BELT SANDER EASY RETURNS: Bosch manufactures and promotes premium quality power tools and products for wood working projects, trim carpentry, fine wood worker, carpenters, men, women, and adults. We are a global, provider that delivers the best in quality, function, style while providing excellent customer service. We stand by our products and we'll refund the purchase within 30-days on quality-related issues along with our 1-year warranty.
If you have some finishing work to be done, you should look no further than the Bosch 1250DEVS. This random orbital sander is Bosch’s most powerful offering, drawing up to 6.5A. But it’s not just for finishing, it also features an aggressive turbo driven sanding mode when you need something with a bit more bite.
Dust & Abrasives
And it really is meant for hard work. Whereas the rest of Bosch’s products in the range come with dust canisters, the 1250DEVS does not, and instead includes a dust tube for connection to a Bosch vacuum system. For lighter work, you can operate the tool without a vacuum connection, and just make use of the sander’s passive dust collection system, although it may require frequent cleaning.
The Bosch 1250DEVS is designed for 6” sanding pads and the standard package includes their soft backing pad, which is compatible with industry-standard 6 hole, hook-and-loop abrasive discs. Bosch also offer two additional backing pads, an extra soft one for fine finishing, and a hard pad for quicker material removal.
Power & Speed
Unusual for this class of tool, the Bosch’s maximum orbital speed is just 6,650 OPM, with a minimum of 3,100 OPM. Most of its rivals will happily spin up to 12,000 OPM. This is by design though. The low OPM means that the product is excellent for fine finishing work, allowing much better control.
One generally associates high OPM speeds with the ability to grind away material, but the 1250DEVS achieves this in another way. The high max current is used to increase the torque the sander can apply. This means that it can handle a larger eccentric offset, while still applying the same force. This combination, which comes out in the sander’s turbo mode, massively increases the rate of material removal.
Size and Ergonomics
The lack of dust canister makes this model relatively small. Even with the extra power, it has a length of only 12”. This makes it easy to move about, especially getting into tight areas. The handle is fairly standard and for applying pressure you can use either the large rubberized palm rest, or the included auxiliary handle, which will attach on either side of the sander. Bosch do stress that the model features their special counterbalance mechanism, which means the sander can be operated with just one finger on the palm grip.
Bosch 1250DEVS Video
If you’ve never seen the Bosch 1250DEVS in action, here is a short YouTube video demonstrating its use:
The Bosch 1250DEVS stands out from its competitors in a number of ways, but the ability to switch between finishing and grinding modes is surely its strongest point. With this switch, you no longer have to try and tenderly handle a grinder too powerful for your finishing job, or tire yourself out by using an underpowered device. The lower OPM range and larger eccentric offset are perfect for finishing, and the turbo mode will ensure your work is completed in no time.
The Bosch 1250DEVS is a well-built tool, that can take the place of two sanders and is backed by Bosch’s 1-year unconditional warranty.