- COMFORT: The Bosch ROS65VC 6 Random Orbit Sander and Polisher features Bosch’s exclusive Vibration Control a suspension system to minimize vibration for superior handling and maximum comfort
- DUST COLLECTION: Features two dust collection systems including a micro filter dust canister with integrated paper filter and screw off cap and a vacuum hose connection with airflow control giving users a mess free job site
- VARIABLE SPEED: Powered by a 3.3 amp motor, the ROS65VC 6 also features a variable speed dial to match speed to material and task
- VERSATILITY: The Bosch ROS65VC 6 Sander provides versatility for fast stock removal and/or a smooth, well blended finish. The tool's integral pad dampening braking system, was designed to reduce swirl marks
- COMPLETE: The sander/polisher kit includes removable front handle, tubular dust canister, VAC024 vacuum hose adapter, RS6045 6 Inch soft backing pad, 5 millimeter pad wrench, sanding disc
Random orbital sanders come in many different shapes and sizes designed for all manner of work, but if you’re looking for one that’s going to provide an extremely comfortable user experience, the Bosch ROS65VC-6 is the one for you. A full-featured orbital sander, it features extra grips and unique dampeners to aid extended use.
Dust & Abrasives
The ROS65VC-6 is supplied with a 6” backing pad, designed to handle circular abrasive discs up to 6” in diameter (6-hole design), it can be used to sand flat and contoured surfaces. To make switching abrasives easy, the backing pad is surfaced with a microcellular hook-and-loop system to mesh with standard abrasive products. The sander’s design does allow for a 5” backing pad to be installed as well, easily making the transition for a 5” (8-hole) circular disc.
There’s no use doing all that sanding though if you’re just going to let the dust escape and contaminate your workshop. To aid this the Bosch ROS65VC-6 is supplied with two dust extraction options. For lighter work where mobility is important, you can make use of the tubular microfilter dust canister. The dust canister has a screw-off top and an integrated paper filter to allow air-flow, but block dust. If you’re going to be doing some heavier sanding and have the facilities, the ROS65VC-6 also comes with a standard vacuum hose adapter that permits airflow control.
Power & Speed
The ROS65VC-6 provides a fairly standard offering when it comes to its capabilities. This is not bad, it just means it doesn’t stand out on this aspect. The tool draws 3.3A of current maximum at 120V, and has a speed range from 5,500 to 12,000 OPM. This range allows one to use the sander for both finishing and material removal requirements.
Some of the tools features are its integrated pad dampening system, this helps even out the applied pressure, minimizing swirl marks and providing a consistent finish. On top of this is Bosch’s exclusive suspension system, called vibration control. This helps to ensure a smooth finish, but also minimizes vibration, making it both easy to handle and improving comfort. The vibration level of the tool is just 2.5m/s2.
Size and Ergonomics
Ergonomics is really where the Bosch ROS65VC-6 shines. Bosch really focused on ensuring a comfortable user experience, especially for those who are going to be making regular use of the sander for long periods. The design starts by allowing multiple ergonomic grip positions. The biggest addition here is the front handle. By being able to apply pressure beyond the center point of the sander, it allows you to balance the force with that which you apply on the handle. If you need to get into a tight corner though, the handle removes easily, providing the flexibility required. One can still apply pressure as usual directly above the sander on a smooth rubberized palm grip.
From a size perspective, the Bosch is a bit larger than most, but this makes it easier to work with. The dust canister, while extending the overall length of the sander (to 16”), is well positioned and shouldn’t be an obstruction. Without the canister, the sander measures just over 10” in length, 14” with the front handle, and is no wider than your backing pad.
Bosch ROS65VC-6 Video
Here is a short YouTube video describing more of the features of the Bosch ROS65VC-6 sander:
If you’re expecting to be doing a lot of sanding, the Bosch ROS65VC-6 could be a good option for you. While it is on par with other products from a power and sanding capabilities perspective, the ergonomics and vibration control features of the sander make it stand out. It is expensive, but depending on your requirements, it can be worth the price.